Understanding Behavioral Health Issues
Sometimes the most serious medical conditions are suffered in silence. Little Company of Mary offers an understanding environment for individuals seeking treatment for psychiatric, alcohol and/or substance abuse issues. Appointments are available almost immediately, 24/7, to help address any crisis in life. With a dedicated intake team, individuals are seen directly by behavioral health experts. All to deliver the highest level of symptom identification and treatment planning. With a holistic approach and a full continuum of services, we're ready to help with the resources a you need to get back on a healthy path.
Behavioral Health Services
Incorporating a wide range of treatment options, a talented caring staff and leading technology, Little Company of Mary Behavioral Health prides itself on being the premier behavioral health facility in Chicago's southwest community.
- Confidential Assessment and Referral Services
- Inpatient Psychiatric Services: crisis intervention, safety and stabilization for acute mental health symptoms
- Outpatient Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Services: highly structured treatment programs that are designed to manage the illness on an outpatient basis, prevent hospitalization and/or are implemented as a step-down from inpatient care to provide further stabilization, education and promote long-term recovery
Little Company of Mary Behavioral Health has the unique ability to treat the patient who has a coexisting psychiatric and chemical dependency problem, called dual diagnosis. Both problems must be addressed together for optimum recovery.
For more information please call 708.422.0110.
What should you know about Behavioral Health?
- The good news it's treatable
- 41% of depressed women are too embarrassed to seek help
- Depression affects twice as many women as men
- Anxiety affects 13% of the entire population in the U.S., primarily women
What are signs and symptoms of depression?
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and/or helplessness
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities once pleasurable, including sex
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering and making decisions
- Insomnia, early morning wakefulness or excessive sleeping
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
What are signs and symptoms of anxiety?
- Restlessness or feeling keyed up or on edge
- Being easily fatigued
- Difficulty concentrating or mind going blank
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disturbance (difficulty falling or staying asleep, or restless unsatisfying sleep)
What can I do?
Call 708-422-0110 for additional information, schedule an appointment or receive immediate assistance.