Minimally Invasive da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
About da Vinci®
da Vinci robotic surgery eliminates the need for large incisions that add to recovery time. Robotic surgery allows the surgeon to view the surgical area in complete detail allowing them to work precisely while naturally moving the instruments. da Vinci robotic surgery is used for a wide range of minimally invasive procedures such as gynecology, urology, thoracic and general surgery.
da Vinci robotic surgery is a state-of-the-art surgical platform with 3D, high-definition vision and miniaturized, wristed surgical instruments designed to help doctors take surgery beyond the limits of the human hand. da Vinci robotic surgery provides the surgeon with greater precision, control and access to hard-to-reach areas, allowing extremely complex operations to be performed through just a few small incisions instead of traditional laparoscopic surgery. The surgeon is seated comfortably, with a perfect view of the surgical field which reduces risk of fatigue and greater accuracy compared with conventional surgery. Minimally invasive da Vinci robotic surgery procedures use the most advanced techniques and equipment available today.
Adavantages of Using da Vinci®
Compared to conventional laparoscopic surgery using a long incision, da Vinci robotic surgery gives the surgeon a new level of vision, precision, dexterity, and control. Allowing the patient and surgeon to acheive better surgical outcomes. This is especially critical in complex surgeries involving the prostate or a woman's reproductive organ.
da Vinci Hysterectomy and Prostatectomy procedures offers patients many potential benefits over traditional surgery, including:
- Less pain and scarring than traditional surgeries
- Fewer complications
- Less blood loss
- Shorter hospital stay- patients resume normal activities within a week compared to six weeks with traditional surgery.
- Low risk of wound infection
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
- Higer Accuracy Rate because of the use video-assisted equipment, the surgeon has better visualization and magnification of internal organs and structure.
Are You A Candiate For da Vinci® Surgery?
Only you and your doctor can decide if da Vinci® Surgery is right for you. Bringing this form to your appointment may help you to discuss any health concerns with your doctor.
Here are a few questions to ask your doctor:
1. What are the pros and cons of each surgical approach (open surgery, traditional laparoscopy and da Vinci® Surgery)?
2. I’d like to avoid a large incision. Am I a candidate for minimally invasive surgery?
3. How long will I have to stay in the hospital?
4. How soon can I return to my normal activities?
5. Are you a da Vinci® surgeon? If so, how many procedures have your preformed?