Support for grieving adults
For those who have lost a loved one, you should know our Pastoral Care Department can appreciate how devastated you are. We would like to offer support, help and encouragement to you and your family.
Perhaps for a variety of reasons, you hesitate to share your deep feelings of grief or you feel cautious of tiring others with your concerns, or it's just too difficult to share with someone the magnitude of what you are facing. Whatever holds you back, we know that it means a great deal to talk about your loss and to feel understood. It is one of the most vital means of letting you know that you will survive and feel whole again.
Our Adult Bereavement Program is held on six consecutive Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. Gatherings take place in spring and fall. For special dates, contact Pastoral Care at 708.229.4299.
- The Grief Process: What is Happening to Me?
- Understanding Your Feelings
- Families Grieve Differently- Finding Support
- How Am I Doing? Issues of Complicated Grief
- Taking Time: A Call to Live Again
- Coming Through Your Grief
We ask for a fee of $25 for those who are able.