Hospital Safety and Quality
Quality data provides safety information to consumers in a variety of categories. The federal government has created websites to help consumers evaluate safety and compare hospital quality.
Visit www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov to find Little Company of Mary's quality data and compare us to other hospitals within Illinois as well as the United States. You can also find and compare hospital survival rates in your area.
View Joint Commision's Accreditation Quality Report on Little Company of Mary Hospital where you will find the Gold Seal of Approval, our Centers of Excellence and Quality Scores. Click here to view the report.
- Visit http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/ to find Little Company of Mary's quality data and compare us to other hospitals within Illinois as well as the United States.
Accolades and Accreditations:
- 2012 - ongoing: DAISY Award for Nurses program at LCMH
- 2013 - 2019: Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- 2013 - 2014: Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
- 2014 - 2019: Reaccreditation of our Sleep Disorders Center by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- 2014: Little Company of Mary’s Mobile Medical Team receives Anne M. Davis Mobile Health Award by the VNA Found.
- 2014 - 2017: Reaccreditation by National Program for Breast Centers by the College of Surgeons
- 2014 - ongoing: Reaccreditation as a American Society of Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the Surgical Review Corp.
- 2014: Awarded “Best Value Hospital” by the Medical Value Index
- 2015: Received accreditation as a Lung Cancer Screening Center of Excellence
- 2015: Awarded the “Silver Performance Achievement” by the ACTION Registry- GWTC
- 2015: Awarded “Outstanding Clinical Site” by the Rosalind Franklin University
- 2015: Awarded “Best Hospital” by the Daily Southtown’s readers in their Best of Chicago’s Southland contest
- 2015 - 2018: Re-approved by the State of Illinois as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- 2015 - 2018: Reaccredited Commission on Cancer by the American College of Surgeons
- 2015 - 2019: Reaccredited as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- 2016: Awarded our Bereavement Program with a “Ministry Award” by the Association of Chicago Priests
- 2017: Best Hospital in COPD by U.S. News & World Report
- 2017: Mission: Lifeline Silver STEMI Level Recognition Award
- 2018 - 2021: American Diabetes Association Recertification
- 2018 - 2022: Baby-Friendly USA Recertification (accredited since 2012)
- 2018: Certified Urgent Care Designation from the Urgent Care Association of America
- 2018: Named one of "America’s Best Breast Centers" by the Women’s Choice Award for Fifth Consecutive Year
- 2018: Awarded “America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care” by the Women’s Choice Award
- 2018: Awarded American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2018: Awarded Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite award
- 2018: Achieved the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® Gold STEMI Award