Partnering Expecting Mothers with Nurses
This program is intended for women in their 20th week of pregnancy.
Every mom who chooses to deliver her baby at The Family Birth Center may participate in our unique program, which partners one of our highly skilled and trained nurses with a mom for the duration of her pregnancy. By maintaining a relationship with a nurse from early pregnancy through delivery, parents and family members can design the birth experience that best meets their wishes and needs. Through regular conversations, tours and visits, your nurse will provide you with advice, options and answers to all those normal questions and concerns that arise during pregnancy.
Your Great Expectations Nurse. Your nurse is experienced, highly trained, and compassionate. Your nurse will guide you through every stage of pregnancy to comfort you and answer any questions you may have throughout the trimesters.
Your Great Expectations Program Timeline
Your special nurse will contact you at second trimester to:
- Answer questions and discuss any concerns
- Review your pregnancy and what to expect
- Share prenatal class information and other hospital services
A check-in call at 28 weeks (or more often if you desire) to:
- Answer questions and concerns
- Provide assistance in scheduling and beginning classes
A return visit at 36 weeks (if you desire) to:
- Tour our maternity suites, nursery, and other areas of interest to you
- Answer your questions and discuss your concerns or special needs as delivery approaches
- Review your personal birth plan and family preferences
- A hospital visit by your special nurse after delivery to meet your new arrival and make sure you have everything you need to prepare you for the first few days at home
A postpartum follow-up call after discharge to:
- Make sure the all is going well with you and your baby
- Learn about classes and support groups for the new mom
- Provide a strong foundation for successful parenting
If you are 20 weeks in your pregnancy and would like to learn more about the Great Expectation Nurse Program, please call: 708.229.5928 or fill out the form below to have a nurse specialist return your call for more information and to begin your partnership.