Media Center

Date
12-20-2010

Name
Kelly CusackDirector, Public Relations and Marketing

Phone
708.229.5049

Fax
708.229.6733

Email
kcusack@lcmh.org

Little Company of Mary Fact Sheet

Little Company of Mary Hospital and Health Care Centers (www.LCMH.org), based in Evergreen Park, Ill., delivers technologically advanced services through an acute-care hospital; a Cancer Center affiliated with the Medical Oncology Group of the University of Chicago Hospitals; and 11 satellite facilities. Little Company's 83-year heritage of providing quality, compassionate care lives on today through its more than 1,500 employees who embody the mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, sponsors of the Hospital and Health Care Centers. The Sisters are an international congregation of women founded by the Venerable Mary Potter in 1877 in Nottingham, England, to provide health care services in the more than 10 countries they serve around the globe

  • Staffed Beds: 254
  • Professional Staff:  591
  • Employees:  2,158 (410 nurses, 231 registry incl. 116 RN registry, 124 managers)
  • Average tenure of employees 17.1 years

Facilities:

  • Little Company of Mary Hospital, 2800 West 95th Street, Evergreen Park
  • Mary Potter Physicians Pavilion, 2850 West 95th Street, Evergreen Park Burbank Medical Center, 4901 West 79th Street, Burbank
  • Care Station East, 5660 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn
  • Diagnostic Center, 12432 South Harlem Avenue, Palos Heights
  • Halsted  Medical Center, 736 W. 95th Street, Chicago
  • Health Education Center, Chicago Ridge Mall; 95th Street & Ridgeland Avenue, Chicago Ridge
  • Health Education Center, 2800 West 95th Street, Evergreen Park
  • Heritage Building, 2800 West 87th Street, Chicago
  • Home Based Services and Hospice, 9800 Southwest Highway, Oak Lawn
  • Home Health Equipment Center, 5610 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn
  • The Outpatient Care Center, 6700 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn
  • Southwest Hospitals MRI, 5550 West 111th Street, Oak Lawn
  • Vista Family Medicine, 10961 South Kedzie, Chicago

 

 

Historical Highlights:

 

1930

Little Company of Mary Hospital and School of Nursing established in Evergreen Park

 

1943

Nursing residence opened

 

1949

Five additional floors added to original Tower Building

 

1950

Drs. Lawler, West and Murphy perform first successful human organ transplant.

 

1960

Cobalt Unit, a gift of the Auxiliary, opened

132 beds added in new addition that includes chapel, medical, surgical and psychiatric beds and administrative offices

 

1963

Medical Intensive Care Unit opened, which is one of the first in the nation

 

1964

Surgical Intensive Care opened

 

1966

Cardiac Intensive Care opened

 

1968

Mayor and Mrs. Richard J. Daley attended opening of the Education Building

 

1971

Senator Ted Kennedy attended opening of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit

 

1972

Linear Accelerator installed

 

1977

Little Company of Mary Sisters celebrated the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Congregation

 

1980

Little Company celebrated 50 years of service

Birthing Rooms opened

 

1984

South Pavilion opened, adding 100 private rooms and space for Radiology, Laboratory, Admitting and Emergency Departments

 

1985

Care Station opened

 

1987

Adult Day Care opened

Cardiac Catheterization Lab opens, providing new diagnostic capabilities

Home Health Equipment Center opens

 

1988

Cancer Center dedicated

Little Company became Little Company of Mary Hospital and Health Care Centers

 

1990

Little Company celebrated 60 years of service

Women's Wellness Resource Center opened

Pediatric Critical Care opened

Cafe 95 (cafeteria) opened

Mobile Medical Care began

 

1991

Chemical dependency unit opened and dedicated to Dr. James West

 

1993

Mary Potter Physicians Pavilion dedicated

Home Based Services Building opened

 

1996

Chicago Ridge Health Education Center opened

Osteoporosis Center opened in Mary Potter Pavilion

Breast Health Center opens

 

1998

Evergreen Plaza Health Education Center opened

New One-Day Surgery unit opened adjacent to Hospital's original main lobby

Monsignor O'Brycki Physical Therapy Center dedicated

 

1999

Original stained glass windows from Sisters' first convent on 41st Street and Indiana relocated to Hospital Portico

Wound Healing Center dedicated

Ground breaking held for The Cancer Center

Little Company is the site for Chicago area's first spinal laminectomy equipment

The Cancer Center begins treating patients on an outpatient basis and becomes affiliated with the Medical Oncology Group of the University of the Chicago Hospitals

 

2000

New Cancer Center and main entrance complete

Cardiovascular Program enters C-PORT Trial with Johns Hopkins University

 

2001

Cancer Center Dedication

Little Company of Mary Diagnostic Center opened

The Adult Day Center receives a new permanent home in the Heritage Building

The Bariatric Surgery Center opens, the first bariatric surgery is performed in the Southwest suburbs

Evergreen Plaza Health Education Center relocates to the Hospital

 

2002   

The LCM Sisters celebrate 125 of providing health care around the world

 

2003   

The Diabetes Center is dedicated

 

2004

Halsted Medical Center Opens

The Emergency Department was renovated and blessed

Little Company of Mary celebrates the birth of its 200,000th baby, more than any other hospital in the Southwest suburbs

 

2005

Hospital Celebrates 75th Anniversary in Evergreen Park

Hospital serves as Grand Marshall of South Side Irish Parade

Little Company of Mary offers the community a 40-slice CT scanner

 

2006

Bariatric Surgery Center named a Center of Excellence by the American Society of Bariatric Surgery

Endoscopy Center is dedicated

Little Company of Mary begins performing prostate cancer surgeries using the da Vinci Robot

Little Company of Mary opens its Comprehensive Breast Health Center

Pediatrics Unit Renovated

Renovated GI/Endoscopy Center Opens

 

2007   

Women's Center for Life and Health and Family Birth Center Open

Total Automated Lab Opens

LCM Becomes Tobacco Free

Hospital purchased digital mammography equipment with the support of the Beverly Breast Cancer Walk

LCM becomes first in Southland to treat Prostate Cancer with High Dose Radiation (HDR) Therapy

 

2008

Freestanding Open MRI dedicated

LCM Begins Pelvic Floor Disorders Program

Burbank Office Expands Services

Renovated Sleep Disorders Center Opens

Campus Transformation Project Announced

Renovated Cardiology Center Opens

LCM Becomes First Hospital in US to treat Breast Cancer in one day with Electronic

Brachytherapy System

Renovated Sterile Processing Area Dedicated

Bariatric Surgery Center Treats 1,000th patient

 

2009

Construction of New Employee Parking Lot

 

2011

Stroke Center Accredited by the JCAH

Breast Health Center Accredited by the American College of Surgeons

 

2012

Dedication of Outpatient Care Center West in Oak Lawn

Dedication of West Pavilion Replacement Tower in Evergreen Park

Received Baby Friendly Status from Baby Friendly USA

 

2013

Breast Health Center received ACR Commission on Radiation Quality and Safety Accreditation

Lymphedema Program Begins

 



SEP

22

Support Groups

Emotions Anonymous

6:00PM - 7:30 PM


SEP

22

Support Groups

Alcoholics Anomymous

8:30PM - 10:00 PM


SEP

22

Adult Wellness

Tai Chi

8:30AM - 9:30 AM

Sep 17, 2014

Little Company of Mary Hospital Completes Its Seven-Year Campus Transformation Project

Sep 5, 2014

LCM’s Women’s Center for Life & Health Receives a Dedication Mural to Commemorate the 15th Yr Anniv.

Aug 26, 2014

Doubek Medical Supply Acquires Little Company of Mary Home Health Equipment Center

 
 

"I think the Crisis Fund, in particular, speaks to employees and we want to support it. It provides help...

 
 
Find Us On:

Hospital Report Card | Corporate Compliance | Privacy Practices | Site Map

For Physicians For Employees Board Login
 
ViewBlog