Bariatric surgery is in the news often. Here are some selected articles and resources that you may find to be of interest to you.
- Our patients were featured on The Chicago Tribune's Bariatric success special issue. Read the their stories and get inspired!
- Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery More Effective Than Previously Reported and Getting Safer
- Weight-loss Surgery Benefits Diabetes
- Bariatric Surgery Overview by the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- Gastric bypass surgery: What can you expect? by the Mayo Clinic
- A surgeons personal journey
- Dr. Oz - The under performed surgery you should be getting
- New England Journal of Medicine April 2012 - Studies have shown improvement in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus after bariatric surgery
- The Bypass Effect on Diabetes, Cancer (60 Minutes video)
- Bariatric Surgery Erases Type 2 Diabetes in Obese Patients
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Explored as Cure for Type 2 Diabetes
DISCLAIMER: The resources on this page are presented as an educational service. LCMH cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by these links. Provision of links to other sites does not constitute an endorsement by LCMH, its affiliates or its employees of the sponsors of those sites or the accuracy of information presented on those sites.*