What Is HypnoBirthing®?
The HypnoBirthing® childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for creating a satisfying, calm, and comfortable birthing experience. When a woman is properly prepared for birth? when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner it does with all other creatures.
HypnoBirthing® teaches a mother, along with her birth companion, the joy of experiencing birth in an easier, more comfortable and often pain-free manner that most nearly mirrors nature. Mothers learn how to use relaxation and self-hypnosis to eliminate the fear and tension that can cause long labor and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm and comfort. HypnoBirthing® moms will learn how to call upon their bodies? own natural epidural, lessening or even eliminating pain and the need for medication. HypnoBirthing® advantages also include shortening the first stage of labor by several hours, eliminating fatigue and a more rapid postnatal recovery.
In the HypnoBirthing® Program you will learn:
- Relaxation & self-hypnosis techniques to achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth.
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing and why women in other cultures have birthing
- almost entirely free of discomfort.
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without chemical induction and the creation and control of the body's own natural anesthesia, the only safe labor enhancement.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without hard physical pushing.
Each HypnoBirthing® course is taught in five small group classes. It is recommended that Moms and their birth companions enroll in the course during the second or early in the third trimester of pregnancy to allow ample time for practice.
For more info and to register, please contact Tricia Fitzgerald, 773-620-3829, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Course Details: fee $350
- Pre-registration is required.
- Tuition covers 5-class program.
- Saturdays, 10:00am - 1:00pm - Call for next start-up date
Private classes also can be arranged. Please contact the instructor for the private course fee. We will work with a sliding scale and/or payment plan for those who have a documented financial need.